What Is The Best Baby Sunscreen?
Because baby skin is so sensitive, it’s important to ensure you use a baby safe sunscreen to protect your little one. So what makes the best baby sunscreen? Below is information on what to look out for when choosing a safe sunscreen for babies and why our sunscreen is so popular with Aussie mums and mums around the world.
SunDust was created by a mum seeking a solution to make sun safety fun and easy for her children. SunDust’s core product is bio-glitter sunscreen that kids love to wear and is safe for their skin.
As a former geologist and a passionate advocate for protecting our planet, Steph (SunDust’s founder) was on a mission to ensure her sunscreen range wasn’t going to be bad for the environment. With lots of research and testing, she managed to find the perfect bio-glitter that is ocean and reef safe whilst also adding a sparkling shimmer that looks amazing on the skin. As a parent, we know you’re busy, tired and all the other ‘glorious’ feels that come with parenthood – so we’ve made researching baby safe sunscreen easy for you by putting all the info you need below. Here is what makes the best sunscreen for babies so you have peace of mind knowing your little one is protected from the harsh Australian sun:
How To Choose Baby Safe Sunscreen?
When it comes to baby sunscreen, it is recommended not to apply sunscreen on your baby until they are 6 months old, but some recommend using a minimal amount on the face, back of the hands and tops of the feet (we always recommend checking with your healthcare or child health professionals for guidance and current recommendations). The best way to protect your baby during this time is to minimise or prevent exposure to the sun. If you’re out and about we recommend using a shade such as a light muslin blanket as a cover over your babies pram (make sure there are gaps for ventilation and so it’s easy for you to check on your little one), a shade tent or sun protective clothing. When choosing a baby sunscreen here is what to look out for:
- Choose a baby sunscreen that is made with natural ingredients – no nasty chemicals. A product that is designed to be safe on sensitive skin is the best sunscreen for babies. Ingredients to avoid for baby safe sunscreen include oxybenzone, fragrances, dyes, PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid), parabens and phthalates.
- Ideally choose a sunscreen with an SPF 50+ rating to ensure adequate protection for baby’s sensitive skin
- Ensure the baby sunscreen is broad spectrum which means it protects against both UVB and UVA rays
- Check that the sunscreen for babies is compliant with TGA regulations
- How is the sunscreen applied? Our recommendation for the best sunscreen for babies is a cream rather than a spray as you can control how much and where the sunscreen goes.
Our range of baby safe sunscreens have been developed with little ones in mind. We recommend starting with our new glitter-free sunscreen as the best sunscreen for your baby. As your little grows, our bio-glitter sunscreen is perfect for toddlers, kids and…. adults (we all love a bit of sparkle, right?!).
Buy Baby Sunscreen Online Today
Protect your little one from the sun with our sunscreen for babies. Buy our baby safe sunscreen online now. Free Australia-wide shipping on orders of $50 and $100 worldwide.