Welcome to my blog! Today, we're going to add a bit of magic and fun to the kitchen with a recipe not for your belly, but for your creative spirit. This is a recipe for bio glitter play dough that's great for kids and grown-ups alike, all while being eco-friendly. I guarantee that this will bring a lot of joy and happiness to your home!
1. 2 cups all-purpose flour
2. 1/2 cup salt
3. 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
4. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
5. 1 to 1.5 cups boiling water
6. Natural food coloring (optional)
7. 2 tablespoons bio glitter
**Note:** Bio glitter is an eco-friendly alternative to traditional glitter. It's biodegradable, usually derived from plant-based materials, like eucalyptus trees, and is safe for the environment. You can find this on our website.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, and cream of tartar. These dry ingredients will form the base of our play dough.
2. Add the vegetable oil to your mixture. This helps the dough remain flexible and not dry out.
3. If you'd like to color your play dough, now is the time. Add a few drops of your chosen natural food coloring to your boiling water. Then, slowly pour your hot colored water into your dry mix. Start with 1 cup and add more if necessary.
4. Stir the ingredients together until they start to form a dough. Once it's cool enough to handle, take the dough out of the bowl and knead it on a flour-dusted surface. Knead until the dough is smooth and fully combined.
5. Now comes the magical part - the bio glitter! Sprinkle your glitter onto your dough and knead until it's evenly distributed. You can always add more if you want it extra sparkly.
6. Once your glitter is thoroughly mixed in, your bio glitter play dough is ready to play with!
Store your bio glitter play dough in an airtake container or a reusable silicone bag to keep it fresh. If it starts to dry out, you can knead in a few drops of water to bring it back to life. This recipe is simple, eco-friendly, and safe for the kids to enjoy. It's a great way to introduce children to biodegradable materials and have a conversation about protecting our environment.
Enjoy creating, playing, and sparkling! Don't forget to share your glittery creations with us using the hashtag #BioGlitterPlayDough #Sundust
Stay tuned for more fun and sustainable DIY projects. Until next time, keep sparkling!